As beautiful as they are, uPVC window frames need to be maintained properly. There are different colour variations depending on the film they have been coated with, but the most common ones are the white frames.
Needless to say, white uPVC window frames are often found hard to maintain because of their colour and different stains they can get. Cleaning this type of window frames has it’s own fine points which you must be aware of when attempting to clean the window frames.
Supplies you need
- A bucket;
- Lukewarm water;
- 2 x clean cloths;
- Vacuum cleaner;
- Creamy non-abrasive cleaner;
- uPVC cleaning solution.
Follow the steps below to achieve your desirable shiny look!
How to Clean uPVC Window Frames
- Use a small brush to loosen up the dirt of the inside of the window frames. Then suck the dirt out with the vac.
- Fill the bucket with lukewarm water.
- Dip one of the cloths into the water and gently wipe out the window frame surface internally and externally.
- Use the clean dry cloth do wipe away the moist left on the frames.
- For marks and spots use the creamy cleaning solution.
- For more stubborn marks use a special uPVC cleaner you can get from a respected PVC supplier.
- Buff off the excess detergents with the cloth for a shiny look!
Apart from the cleaning steps, you should also have in mind these tips in order to achieve the perfect look for your uPVC frames. They are easy to remember and can save you potential damages.
Cleaning uPVC Window Frames Tips
- Do not use bright coloured cloths, as they may transfer paint onto the uPVC window frame.
- Make sure the cleaning solution is non-abrasive. Otherwise you can scratch the frame.
- Avoid applying the cleaner onto the glass surface as much as possible.
- Don’t use detergents that contain bleach, or you may end up with ruined window frames.